Accommodation and Holiday Information for the Mornington Peninsula Region Victoria
Combine the best of Europe's coastal living with traditional Aussi charm on the Mornington Peninsula.
As you drive along you could be forgiven for thinking that you have left Australia behind. Rolling hills of olives groves and vineyards meet accommodation with sea views
and local produce is served in romantic restaurants and sold at bustling markets. All an hour from Melbourne.
Things to do in the Mornington Peninsula
- Enjoy a cheese platter at Red Hill Cheeses, a cheeky drop at Red Hill Brewery and intriguing wine bread at Red Hill Bakery.
- Share plates of local produce with friends at The Long Table or dine at winery restaurants like Max's at Red Hill Estate, Vines of Red Hill, 10 Minutes by Tractor and Montalto Vineyard and Olive Grove.
- Hop between conveniently close cellar doors to compare pinot noir, pinot gris and chardonnay.
- Take the shuttle service or a personalised wine tour instead of driving.
- Get arty in Mornington, a cosmopolitan seaside village with sidewalk cafes, colourful bathing boxes and a renowned regional gallery.
- Take a stroll around Main Street to discover the history of the former Schnapper Point fishing village.
- Browse in boutiques and stop at the old bank to withdraw beer, wine and cocktails.
- See Victoria's oldest courthouse and adjoining lock-up and embark on a steam train ride on the Mornington Railway.
- Wander the coastline of red bluffs for panoramic views of yachts bobbing in the Port Phillip Bay harbour and the iconic bathing boxes.
- Join in the good life amid Sorrento's imposing limestone buildings, whether you're dining by the water, browsing galleries and boutiques or swimming alongside dolphins.
- Spot bottlenose dolphins and feed pelicans on the foreshore from your table at the Baths Restaurant in the old tearooms.
- Feast on delicious 'pub grub' atop the cliffs at historic Hotel Sorrento.
- Breathe the cleanest air in the world in Cape Schanck and hide away for a retreat around tiny, tranquil Flinders.
- Discover the peninsula's rugged side around Flinders and Cape Schanck, situated on Bass Strait and Westernport Bay.
- Swap between the safe bay beaches and the crashing waves at Flinders Ocean Beach.
- Fill a bottle with the air at Cape Schanck, which is bottled by CSIRO scientists after gale-force winds blow pure, uncontaminated air directly from the Antarctic
Towns in the Mornington Peninsula Region.
- Rosebud / Dromana / Rye
Mornington Peninsula Victoria Accommodation and Holiday Bookings.
- You can search and book online for all your Accommodation here