Geraldton Coral Coast Region WA
Geraldton has established itself as a trendy seaside city with the emergence of chic new cafes, shops and art galleries. Blessed with beautiful beaches and a warm, windy climate the region is a popular destination for all water sport enthusiasts. Geraldton is an excellent base from which to explore the area’s many great attractions.
Just off the coast, the amazing Abrolhos Islands is Geraldton’s very own aquatic playground – one of Australia’s top spots for fishing, diving, windsurfing and swimming, or just relaxing on white sandy beaches. Enjoy a scenic flight or stay on-board a liveabroad cruising tour.
Those in search of cultural experiences will be fascinated by the ancient culture of the local Indigenous Yamatji people. Just 20 minutes south of Geraldton, discover Greenough's historic charm, uncrowded beaches and picturesque river.
Visit in spring time and you’ll also be treated to some of the State’s most stunning displays of wildflowers.
Top 10 Things to do:
1. Experience world-class beaches, particularly Point Moore & Coronation Beach – one of the top three beaches world-wide for wind surfing and kite boarding
2. Explore the Yamaji Drive Trail visiting Indigenous sites in Geraldton, Greenough and Mullewa
3. Take a city walk and explore the city’s Street Art or the fascinating historical architecture of Monsignor Hawes
4. Dive one of Western Australia’s top ten dive sites, South Tomi dive wreck
5. Fly over the 122 Abrolhos Islands or the nearby Pink Lake, Hutt Lagoon
6. Pay respect to the sailors that lost their lives during World War II at the HMAS Sydney II Memorial, one of seven military memorials of National Significance
7. Shop for exquisite natural Abrolhos pearls in shades of blue, green, gold and black
8. Enjoy the café culture and wine bars of the city’s Marine Terrace
9. Be part of the many outdoor events at the new Geraldton Foreshore event space
10. Drive to the Moresby Ranges in Chapman Valley during wildflower season (July-Sept)
Aerial View of Geraldton Batavia Coast Marina Point Moore Geraldton
Credit Tourism Western Australia Credit Tourism Western Australia Credit Tourism Western Australia